How to Control Impulsive Buys
I know I am not the only one that walks into a store for a certain item and when the store doesn’t have it I buy something else I think I need. Last week I was on the hunt for an apple watch charger and when the store didn’t have the one I was looking for I bought a screen protector instead. Two days later, I had to return said screen protector because it was too small for my wacth. Just my luck i thought. I know I am not the only one that has had that problem lol.
Tips to Control Implusive Buys
- Make a list of what your needs/wants are. If you see something else in the store that you want to buy write it on your list for later.If you g back to purchase that item then it was of importance to you, not convenience.
- Put yourself on a budget. Even if you have a million dollars you should still put yourself on a budget to control swiping your card. If you happen to swipe your card do it as debit and not credit so it comes out of account immediately.
- Shop in cash. When you shop in cash that is your set amount that you don’t want to go over. Shopping in cash help craves out the difference between your needs and wants.
- Look online first for deals or items you want. Shopping online can help you with the temptation of going to the mall and seeing all the stuff you don’t need. Online has a lot more deals than compared you traveling to the store yourself for the same item.
- Don’t go to the mall or window shop at all. Window shopping is the absolute cardinal NO. It’s like a sheep walking into the lion’s den for sport.
- Ask yourself if you really need [insert product here]. Nine times out of ten you don’t need or have an urgent desire for the impulse item you bought. You bought it out of convenience and I know this from personal experience. I mostly end up returning the impulsive item because it doesn’t work or I didn’t really need it.
- Make shopping a treat not a necessity. Shopping becomes even more rewarding when it is done spontaneously because you know that your budget allows for a little spoiling.
Tell me your thoughts and stories about implusive buys I’d love to know about them!
Ps. Checkout 👇Leave Comments & Re-blog posts 😊!
Style (updated once a week)
Nailed That (updated when I get my nails done)
Asya Dishing Out the Issues (updated every time I read a magazine)
Get social with me here’s my links 👇
Snapchat: asya_mac (post daily 😝 )
-Caution to the wind