The Importance of Self-Care
I had something completely different that I was going to post. This topic of self-care was in my heart to write. I did a check-in of my New Years Resolutions two days ago and I am on the road to progression in many areas. One of the most important areas that I highlight for this year was self-care and self-love. I thought I knew what self-care was and had no problem. That’s not necessarily the case so that got me thinking what is true self-care?
What is Self-Care?
By definition, self-care is any necessary human regulatory function which is under individual control, deliberate and self-initiated.
In simpler terms self-care is being in tune with your being. Your flaws, your strengths, your weakness, and being truthful with yourself.
How to practice Self-Care?
- Get yourself a journal and write in it daily. Write what you are grateful for, what you can improve on, and what you love about yourself. Be completely transparent with yourself, so there is room for you to grow.
- Getting enough sleep. For myself this is major. If I don’t get enough sleep I am a cranky and not so pleasant person to be around. That’s why I made it a priority of mine to go to sleep around 10:30-11:00 every night. No matter what I need to do because sleep is more important.
- Mediation and prayer. Doing either of the two will keep your mind grounded and help you focus on what is really important in life.
- Do yoga or any other physical activity. Daily physical activity is very important for your body. This daily activity will give your body many endorphins that boost your mood. Making you a more positive person.
- Hang out with friends or making new friends. In this social media day in age, many people don’t go out that often. Everything is done online whether it be shopping, playing with friends, and even working out. It’s okay to leave your house and socialize in public. Being outside of your house is a lot more refreshing than socializing with people over the internet.
As always sharing is caring if you loved this blog post tell me your thoughts in the comment section I would love to interact with you all! If you all want to keep up with me follow me on my social media links down below. If you want to continue to be involved in what is going on with Caution District check down below as well.
Stay refreshed with Caution District by staying up to date on what happens on the pages 👇
Style (updated every fashion post)
Nailed That (updated when I get my nails done)
Asya Dishing Out the Issues (updated every time I read a magazine)
I’m starting up a YouTube Page & would love you all supported it!
Stay connected with me 👇
-Caution to the wind